- Your tooth and gum tissue may be sensitive with the temporary crown on. Please avoid chewing sticky or hard foods with your temporary crown since this could cause it to come off.
- If you are concerned about flossing around the temporary crown, you may avoid flossing that area. However, if you do floss, put the floss through and gently pull it out through the other side. Do not pop the floss back up or down, as this could pull the temporary crown off.
- If your temporary crown does come off, this is not an emergency. It can be placed back on temporarily with a small dab of toothpaste or denture adhesive placed in the crown and firmly pressed back on your tooth. Call our office at your convenience to have it re-cemented. If you are out of town or unable to come into the office for some reason, there are temporary dental cements available in stores that can be used to place the temporary back on at home. We suggest “RECAPIT” cement from the makers of DENTTEMP.
- To promote optimal healing of your gum tissue, use your “Natural Dentist Healthy Gums” rinse. It is strongly recommended that you use this twice daily. Rinse vigorously with the rinse for 30 seconds or apply it directly to the area where the work was done so your gum tissues will become nice and healthy. Do not swallow the rinse. For best results, do not eat, drink, or rinse with anything for at least 15 minutes after use.
- In the rare event that your temporary crown is swallowed please notify our office. We will strongly encourage you to obtain a chest x-ray immediately to ensure that the temporary will pass through your digestive track normally.
If you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to call and speak with one of our team members.
Schedule an Appointment Today
Our Hudsonville, MI, dentists are ready to help you and your family get the quality dental care you deserve. Call Hudsonville Dental today at (616) 209-4024, or contact us online to schedule an appointment.